Mac, the 2nd most popular computer OS after windows have a lot of features under its sleeve. Many people use Mac because they feel mac is more sophisticated with features and performance than windows and that is true for many instances. I use both Mac and Windows for different purposes, and I must tell you that Mac has its advantages and millions of others who use Mac I agree with them.
Mac has very subtle and nifty features that might not sound super important, but in our day to day, it helps to make the computing process easier. One of them is the Keychain. Keychain helps you to save passwords for many websites in an encrypted form and autofill it when necessary. Keychain passwords are also synced with other Apple devices logged with the same Apple ID which ensures that you carry your password everytime you need.
There is no denying that Keychain is a great feature and saves you from remembering hundreds of complex password. But sometimes we do need to know the password and saving a complex password is not that easy. There could be many reasons as to why you need a password, but we can help, you find your saved password from your Mac machine.
How to Find Save Password on Mac
1. Open Keychain Access. You can find it in others folder by going to launch pad, or you can do a spotlight search.
2. Click on the Password under the category on the left.
3. Search for the thing you want to see the password and double click on it.
4. Click on the box beside ‘Show Password.‘ Mac will ask for your login password. So enter the password that you use to login to your mac.
5. Now you can see the password.
How to Find Saved WiFi Password on Mac
Another great feature of Keychain Access is that you can also find the WiFi password that you have saved. So to do so, follow the below instructions.
1. Open Keychain Access, under Keychains from the top left side of the screen, click Systems.
2. Under category from the bottom left side of the screen, click Password. You can see all the WiFi networks; your Mac was connected to.
3. Select your desired network and double click on it.
4. Click the box beside Show Password and enter your Mac login password.
5. Now you can see the password of that network.
Keychain on Mac is a great feature and easy to use too. I wish Windows also had such a simple yet powerful tool to find and organize passwords.
Please follow and like us: